Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dear Future 110 Students,

This past quarter in my 110 English class I learned a lot about the fundamentals of writing a good paper. We focused a lot on understanding and being able to analyze a paper by using steps of analysis. We did this by looking at primary and secondary sources and trying to understand what the author's overall message was throughout it. This was important when we had to write our analytical research papers. The ARP papers were our main focus throughout the course, there were many steps we took to complete the final paper. For this assignment I would highly recommend picking a primary source that you feel you can write a lot about. As well as a good secondary source. If you are not very confident with your choice I would definitely take the time to pick a different one, because the easier it is to write about the better you will do. That is the one thing I would change looking back on the course. There is a course topic for each class, ours for example was technology. You might end up with a course topic that is of no interest to you, but you have to be ready to try and find interesting things in the course anyway. Another big writing piece you will do besides the ARP is the Commonplace paper. I actually enjoyed the commonplace paper because you get to pick a topic that is a little more interesting and you get to write the paper in any style you want really. I think it is much more interesting to not only write but read and analyze. This class definitely helps with necessary skills for writing, it was very useful to me.

Good luck future 110 students!
Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment